Thursday, May 9, 2013

From The Dead Letter Office

Every once in a while, I like to write up a blog post to let all three of my readers know what's been going on around here. Consider it a glimpse behind the curtain that nobody asked for, but that is forced upon you anyway.

I recently landed myself on the critic's list for Universal Home Entertainment, which is a pretty big deal for me. The first screener they sent me was the Blu-Ray/DVD combo of the uneven ghost story Mama, the review of which can be read by clicking HERE. Look for more reviews of their releases in the future.

On a personal front, my wife and I just celebrated our five-year wedding anniversary by spending the night in a cabin in Estes Park. There's nothing more relaxing than sitting next to the river high in the mountains by campfire light.

My oldest friend and occasional contributor to the blog, Jimmy Retro, has landed himself a new job and will be moving to Arizona. This weekend we'll be having our final Debauchery Days celebration for the foreseeable future, so we're really going to put our hearts and lungs to the test. Click HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE for pics of a previous DD to see what I'm talking about. And while you're at it, click on the links below to read Jimmy's contributions.


Hopefully it takes less than three weeks to recover from Debauchery Days, because on May 31st-June 2nd, the wife and I will be attending the Denver Comic Con with a friend of ours. I've never been to a con of any kind before, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Scheduled to appear are Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew, Chris Ware, Jeffrey Brown, Neal Adams, George Perez, Jim Steranko, Herb Trimpe, and Stan "The Man" Lee (among many, many others). It should be a blast.

Other than all that, it's business as usual in these parts. Thanks for letting me ramble.

--J/Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails