Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dark Ditties: A Mood by T.B. Aldrich

Heya, Hipsters!

Every once in a while, I stumble across a morose little poem that really tickles my fancy, and being the generous (and desperate for content) soul that I am, I like to pass those Dark Ditties onto you.

This short poem is entitled A Mood by Thomas Bailey (T.B.) Aldrich, and I plucked it from The Golden Treasury of American Songs and Lyrics which can be downloaded for free by clicking HERE.

Enjoy!



A Mood
A blight, a gloom, I know not what, has crept upon my gladness--
Some vague, remote ancestral touch of sorrow, or of madness;
A fear that is not fear, a pain that has not pain's insistence;
A tense of longing, or of loss, in some foregone existence;
A subtle hurt that never pen has writ nor tongue has spoken--
Such hurt perchance as Nature feels when a blossomed bough is broken.

--T.B. ALDRICH.

3 comments:

  1. I feel exactly like this today! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it. ;) Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J-Dos: I feel exactly like that most days. I wrote my own poem about it:

    When I am morose
    I am not verbose.


    Not bad, eh?

    Jenny: Glad you liked it! Check out some of the other Dark Ditties I've posted, if you haven't already. Thanks for stopping by!

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails