Saturday, November 3, 2012

Top Five Netflix Instant Watch

Here are the top 5 Netflix Instant Watch genre flicks that are on my radar at the moment.  Get to clickin', get to watchin'.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space: An alien band of clowns descends from the cosmos to harvest victims, cocooning their prey in cotton candy to eat later. But the joke is on the clowns when two teens armed with an ice cream truck battle to save their friends in this cult favorite.

Wake Wood: After losing their only child, Alice, in a vicious dog attack, two grieving parents relocate to a small town where -- to their horror and fascination -- they discover a pagan ritual that will grant them three more days with their deceased daughter. Hoping to allay their sorrow, at least temporarily, the couple decides to go through with the rite, but the larger question remains, what happens after the three days have passed?

Altered: Five high school buddies are abducted by aliens from a farm in Florida -- but only four of them survive. Fifteen years later, the friends -- whose lives have been altered ever since -- return to the farm to face their enemy and seek revenge.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark: Soon after moving in with her father and his new girlfriend, young Sally discovers she isn't alone in the house: strange creatures live there -- and they might not be as friendly as Sally thinks. Guillermo del Toro co-writes this horror film.

Candyman: While researching urban myths, grad student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) learns about the Candyman (Tony Todd), a hook-handed creature who's said to haunt a Chicago housing project. In this creepy film based on a Clive Barker story, the Candyman is made flesh by other people's belief in him. Not surprisingly, Lyle manages to summon him. Soon, the Candyman has committed a series of murders, and the cops are holding Lyle responsible.

--J/Metro

4 comments:

  1. Good list. I'm always wanting to use Instant the best I can before movies get taken off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can take Don't Be Afraid of the Dark off of that list, buddy. Trust me, it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About to watch Wake Wood right now... sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Xploit: Thanks! I hope you enjoy some of the films listed here. This is a series of posts that I used to do fairly frequently, but fell out of the habit. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of it, so keep your eyes peeled for more Instant Watch suggestions.

    Michele: Awww, I kind of enjoyed it. It was beautifully shot if nothing else. Besides, any horror flick that I can convince my wife to sit down and watch with me gains a few extra points in my book.

    Horror Queen: I hope you like it. I thought it was a real solid, creepy film!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails