Friday, November 2, 2012

Today Is My Halloween

Normally I like to spend Halloween curled up on the couch with a Big Gulp of Mountain Dew, some junk food, and a marathon of good flicks.  Unfortunately I had to spend damn near the entire day at work this year, putting a damper onto my traditional plans.  For a freak such as myself, working on Halloween is tantamount to working on Christmas.

So I've opted to celebrate Halloween a few days late.  I'm off today, so I'll be curled up on the couch with a Big Gulp of Mountain Dew, some junk food, and a marathon of good flicks, just like Cthulu intended.

On tap for today: John Carpenter's Halloween (still untouchable), Rob Zombie's Halloween (which I originally hated, but I grow to appreciate it more with each viewing), The Last Exorcism (readers know my love of found footage), and Insidious (my second viewing of this film); and, if time permits, some key episodes of The Simpsons Tree House of Horror.

After the wife gets home, it'll be more "family-friendly" horror entertainment, with Mad Monster Party and some Dreamworks Spooky Stories.

So happy Halloween, hipsters...again.
--J/Metro

3 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween... enjoy your time away!
    Mountain Dew is bad, makes your junk cringe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! I can relate - with my schedule as of late, I'll be celebrating halfway through November. It's never too late though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retro-Z: Mountain Dew is delicious. Junk be damned.

    Eric: Every day is Halloween when it's Halloween in your heart! (Or something like that)

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails