Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk Drops Today!



Damned, the new book by Chuck Palahniuk (the hardest surname on the planet, in my opinion), drops today!  I've read a number of the man's books, and enjoyed all of them (especially Lullabye), so I'm looking forward to what the author has described as "if The Shawshank Redemption had a baby by The Lovely Bones and it was raised by Judy Blume."  Purchase the hardcover from Amazon, or the Kindle edition, or do the world a favor and go buy it from a locally owned bookstore, if your hometown is graced with one.

From the Amazon page:

Are you there, Satan? It’s me, Madison. I’m just now arrived here, in Hell, but it’s not my fault except for maybe dying from an overdose of marijuana. Maybe I’m in Hell because I’m fat—a Real Porker. If you can go to Hell for having low self-esteem, that’s why I’m here. I wish I could lie and tell you I’m bone-thin with blond hair and big ta-tas. But, trust me, I’m fat for a really good reason.


“To start with, please let me introduce myself . . .”


What are you waiting for?  Get to reading, people!
--J/Metro

2 comments:

  1. Intro sounds great ... thanks for the headsup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! Im a huge Palahniuk fan! I've read most of his books and find them addictive, I will be hunting this one down soon! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails