Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver (2011)

Gingerdead Man 3
Saturday Night Cleaver

Written by William Butler & Muffy Bolding
Directed by William Butler & Silvia St. Croix

Gingerdead Man...John Carl Buechler
Cherry...Paris Wagner
Randy...Steve-Michael McClure
Trixie...Kent Fuher


Apparently escaping from The Scientific Research Institute For The Study Of Homicidal Baked Goods wasn't enough for the Gingerdead Man, because he also breaks into a laboratory, hijacks a time machine, and promptly escapes into the past, too.

Nineteen seventy-six, to be precise, finding himself in the midst of a supafly roller disco. The drug-addled, polyester-clad, sexually adventurous patrons give the titular killer a slew of new (old?) victims to massacre in unlikely ways.


I'll openly admit that I have not seen the first two entries in the franchise, so I went into this movie blind. It's not quite an intellectual discourse, so I'm fairly sure that I figured things out along the way.

My favorite Full Moon movies are the Puppet Master series, because although it is something of a silly idea, they play it straight and at least attempt to follow some sort of interior logic. As soon as this movie started rolling, opening into a Silence of the Lambs parody that would have been rejected from Scary Movie, it was obvious that this was NOT that type of film.


Poor acting, poor special effects and toilet humor galore work against the movie, as does an abundance of filler material and pointless scenes with pointless characters. It was something like a live-action cartoon version of a really bad slasher flick.

So how bad is this movie? Pretty damn bad. And yet, if you just turn off your think-box for the brief 78 minutes of its running time, you might actually be able to enjoy it. Albeit on a completely different level than you would enjoy, say, Psycho or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If you enjoyed the slapstick seasonal slaughter of Thankskilling, this one probably isn't too far from your taste track.

2011
Unrated
78 Minutes
Color
English
United States

Visit the Full Moon website, and order the Gingerdead Man box set today!

"Freeze, you little fun-sized fucker!"
--J/Metro

3 comments:

  1. I had high hopes for this one... they were dashed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had high hopes...for this? Whatever man.

    Seriously though, I would probably would have reviewed this series by now, but the discs are OOP on Netflix. I'm sure as hell not buying them, so the waiting game continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve Miller: Did I dash your hopes with my review, or did you let the movie itself handle that?

    TimTE01: That's precisely the reason that I haven't seen the first two movies in the franchise. They're bound to end up on Instant Watch at some point...though I canceled my I.W. service when the prices skyrocketed.

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails