Saturday, March 5, 2011

Prison-Themed Marathon on TCM (03.05.11)

Turner Classic Movies is playing a prison-themed marathon tonight, and it looks like a great one.  So brew yourself a pot of coffee and 'cuff yourself to the couch, convict!

8:00pm Cool Hand Luke (1967)
A free-spirited convict refuses to conform to chain-gang life.
Cast: Paul Newman, George Kennedy, J. D. Cannon, Lou Antonio Dir: Stuart Rosenberg C-126 mins, TV-14

10:15pm Defiant Ones, The (1958)
Two convicts, a white racist and an angry black, escape while chained to each other.
Cast: Tony Curtis, Sidney Poitier, Theodore Bikel, Charles McGraw Dir: Stanley Kramer BW-96 mins, TV-PG

12:00am I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang (1932)
A World War I veteran faces inhuman conditions when he's sentenced to hard labor.
Cast: Paul Muni, Glenda Farrell, Helen Vinson, Noel Francis Dir: Mervyn Le Roy BW-93 mins, TV-PG

1:45am Hell's Highway (1932)
A prison-camp convict learns that his younger brother will soon be joining him behind bars.
Cast: Richard Dix, Tom Brown, Rochelle Hudson, C. Henry Gordon Dir: Rowland Brown BW-62 mins, TV-PG

3:00am Chain Gang (1950)
A reporter gets a job as a prison guard to document inhuman conditions.
Cast: Douglas Kennedy, Marjorie Lord, Emory Parnell, William "Bill" Phillips Dir: Lew Landers BW-70 mins

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....
    I wish I had Turner Classic Movies. If only the cable company would let me pay, like, 3 dollars a month for just one channel of my choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew,

    I guess I'm lucky in that basic cable is included in my rent, so I don't have to fork over any extra cash. If it wasn't for TCM and Netflix, I would probably go broke from buying DVDs.

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails