Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Short Film: Smoke (2007)

Heya, Hipsters!

Filmmaker Grzegorz Cisiecki dropped me a line recently and asked me to check out his short film, Smoke.  I gave it a look-see, and while I can't honestly say that I "got" it, I can tell you this:  It's beautifully shot, artsy, dark, sexy and ambiguous--like if David Lynch had directed Eyes Wide Shut instead of Kubrick.  It does have an air of pretentiousness about it (the synopsis of the film is given as "The story of the person who became the captive of surrealistic madness"), but show me an art film that doesn't. 

Give it a gander, and let me know what you think.


--J/Metro

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I saw it as well and was equally confused by it. But it is gorgeous and very well done. It seems like Cisiecki has a real grasp on the technical and artistic. In a way, this whole thing is sort of like an obtuse coming attraction.

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails