Monday, February 1, 2010

Midnite Media Netflix Challenge!

Some time ago, Carl over at the badass I Like Horror Movies blog posted the cover art to a horror movie called Crippled Creek, calling it out for its absolute lameness (see the original post here). I, too, had seen this movie available for rental and was put off by its sheer laziness, but when Carl vocalized my thoughts, I took it as something of a challenge. I forced myself to sit down and watch this little bastard against all better judgment (see my review here). And now, something like four months later, the idea struck me.

THE MIDNITE MEDIA NETFLIX CHALLENGE.

Do you know of a genre film that is so unimaginably bad you don't think I'll be able to sit through it? Or one whose cover art has irrevocably turned you off, and yet you're still morbidly curious? That's where I (and this challenge) come in.

Comment on this post with the title (and a link, if possible) to said movie, and I will watch it at my earliest convenience. If I am unable to get through it, congratulations, you beat the challenge. Hell, you may even get a Marvel Comics-style No-Prize.

The only rules are as follows:

1) It has to be a horror film, or at least belong to a genre that may be of interest to horror fans. No romantic comedies, please and thank you.
2) It can't be a film that I have already reviewed, so be sure to check the listing to the right.
3) This is the big one: It has to be available to Watch Instantly on Netflix. Sorry, hipsters, but this is setting me up to watch some pretty damn terrible flicks, and I'm not willing to sacrifice my rental slots.

And that's about it. Let the suggestions roll in, and I'll swing by your blog (if you have one) and let you know when the movie has been reviewed.

It's Man Vs. Movie. May the best one win.

--J/Metro

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

9 comments:

  1. Okay. How about Rise of the Scarecrows (2009)? The cover frightens me and I'm too scared to watch it.

    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Rise_of_the_Scarecrows/70117184?trkid=814092

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's something that I can help you with...when I get home. Give me until this afternoon and I'll get back to you with something really juicy, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alien Blood (1999).

    bored one afternoon i tried to watch this and couldn't get past the first 19 minutes. boooooooring.

    good luck and remember you asked for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Devil of Blue Mountain. (And I'll go ahead and say "I'm sorry" right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still give you credit for that CRIPPLED CREEK viewing, that was awesome lol...

    Im going with THE DIGITAL PROPHET:

    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Digital_Prophet/70041400?trkid=813511

    ::Shudders:: I hope this qualifies as Horrorish.. I wanted to go with Monsturd but that one might be awesomely bad. Also, if you ever get to it see if they still have Terror at Blood Fart Lake, that is a must see

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, I can throw a couple of them your way. Take your pick...

    Body Snatchers (1993)
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Body_Snatchers/321544?trkid=1211018

    Beware! Children at Play
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Beware_Children_at_Play/11547487?trkid=1211018

    Zombie Death House
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Beware_Children_at_Play/11547487?trkid=1211018

    These are all in my Saved Queue and even I have not watched them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Face, if you dare, the sheer badness that is: THANKSKILLING!

    http://www.netflix.com/WiSearch?oq=thankskilli&v1=ThanksKilling

    toolshedofhorror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you got to say about it!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails